If you know me, you know that I'm not the best with practicing patience. How do people wait until 20 weeks to find out what they are having?? If my doctor would let me, I would have a sonogram at every appointment so I could see our little one and know everything was fine. So as you may have guessed, I've researched a ton of old wives' tales on determining the sex of our baby. I haven't tried them all but I'll fill you in on what we have tired.
- The first thing that I tired as soon as I found out I was pregnant was the Chinese Gender Chart on thebump.com. That came back BOY.
- Then we heard the heart beat. Apparently, anything over 140 bpm indicates a girl and anything lower is a boy. Well ours is falling right at that mark so I would have to go with UNDECIDED.
- Then I did the wedding ring on a string over your belly test. If the ring circles it's a girl and if it sways back & forth it's a boy. That came back GIRL.
- The final test I've done was the store bought gender prediction test. You basically pee in a cup and if your urine turns green it's a boy and if it turns orange it's a girl. That came back BOY.
- So far anyone that has shared their guess with me has been GIRL. I'm actually surprised that everybody has favored one side so heavily!
- Finally, Ryan & I's predictions... Ryan really hasn't said either way. I think he's easily swayed by other peoples opinion. Ha! So he's UNDECIDED. I, on the other hand, have thought it was a GIRL from the beginning. However, the last week or two I've had two dreams that our baby was a BOY. So I guess I'm UNDECIDED as well. It will be interesting to see if my instincts or my dreams were right.