I feel a little in shock that I turned 29 back on August 2nd. Can I really be in my last year of my twenties?? I feel like I'm still 22 and fresh out of college. How can I be almost 30? Yikes! At least my hubby will be biting the bullet before me and turning 30 this October. ;) In some respects I feel like my twenties have flown by but when I think about be 20 it seems so far away. So many wonderful things have happened during this decade and some hard things too. I'm definitely going to try and make the most out of my last year in my twenties. Hopefully this year will hold a lot of wonderful times.
On my actual birthday Ryan surprised me after work and we drove to Tulsa to pick out new golf clubs for me. It was totally unexpected and way too generous of a gift! But Ryan being Ryan, wasn't going to let me walk out of the golf store empty handed. Ha! It took me a good 2 hours to swing every club they had before I finally made up my mind. I'm really excited to try them out soon.
By the time that was done it was already 8:30 so we just grabbed a quick bit to eat at Logan's Roadhouse. Mmmmm bread.... Then my mom came down this past weekend to help celebrate. All and all it was a wonderful birthday, and my friends & family made me feel so special.
(At the Bartlesville farmer's market enjoying a fresh cherry limeade.)
On a side note, I've been tagged by two different blogger buddies to participate in a fun little get to know you game. So in honor of my birthday I'm giving it a shot! Here it goes.
*Post 11 random facts about myself
*Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in my post (200 followers or less).
*Tell the chosen bloggers that I’ve tagged them.
*Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked me, and give 11 questions to the people I’ve tagged. I'm not allowed to tag back the blogger who chose me.
11 Random facts about myself:
1. This is hard! I have a pillow that I can not sleep without. I take it with me everywhere and freak out if I left it behind. I really don't sleep well without it. I wrap it around my head to block out any light. That started when we brought a TV into our bedroom and Ryan would watch shows while I was trying to sleep. So now it's just a habit.
2. I once had a nose ring in college. I remember getting it the beginning of my sophmore year of college on my sorority's bid day. I was with a few other Pi Phi's that had it done too. It only lasted about 6 months or less because my allergies were so bad I was always rubbing my nose and irritating my nose ring. (too funny!)
3. Staying with the theme of piercings, I also got a belly button ring on my highschool senior year spring break in Miami! What was I thinking getting it done at some random shop in Miami?? That didn't last long either...
4. One of my pupils is bigger then the other. Sometimes it's more obvious then other times but it freaks my husband out every now and then. My mom had it checked out when I was little and everything came back fine. I also have a lazy eyelid that gets really bad when I'm tired. I must look like a freak!
5. I do not sleep well by myself. I hate it when Ryan travels for work. I have to sleep with the closet light on... And I still toss and turn all night.
6. I changed my major 4 times in college (and still graduated in 4 years!). I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I still don't!
7. I'm an only child raised by a single mother. It was definitely hard at times but I wouldn't trade that experience. We had amazing family surrounding and supporting us. I never felt like I missed out on anything.
8. I toy with the idea of having a bigger family. I always said 2 maybe 3 kids. But now that we've been struggling to have them, I think I want 12! Ok, probably not that many but it would be fun to have a bunch of kids running around.
9. I've owned 10 different cars in my life time and 8 of them before I met Ryan. And it wasn't because I totaled them! I swear I've never totaled a car. Crazy, right?!
10. I can't make up my mind what style to decorate our house in. Sometimes I'm more traditional (Pottery Barn), other times more rustic (Restoration Hardware) and then I have the modern side (Crate & Barrel). I guess I've just been blending all the styles together, and I have no idea what I'm doing!
11. I can't think of 11 random facts about myself. I'm boring! Umm, how about I'm extremely accident prone? One of my elementary school teachers said my middle name should have been Grace because it would be so ironic. When all the kids in school were winning most talented awards or most athletic, I was won the band-aid award...
The questions my blog friends asked:
1. Which actor would play you in a movie of your life?
I can't think of any actresses that I think I resemble but my favorite actress right now is Rachel McAdams. So I guess I'd pick her.
2. Since it's Olympic time, what sport would you compete in if you were an Olympian?
I would have to say volley ball. That's the only one I probably would enjoy playing over and over again. Plus you can still look girlie. :)
3. Favorite thing to do for a girls' night?
I love just getting in our pjs, ordering in food and laughing until we cry kind of nights. Nothing fancy.
4. Drink of choice?
Dr. Pepper! (of course)
5. If you could throw any type of party, what would it be like and why?
I love to throw cookout parties. They are just laid back and the grill always smells so good. (And maybe throw in a dance party at the end of the night!)
6. What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
I kind of talked about this already in my random facts but I had no idea. The only thing I knew I wanted to be was a mother.
7. When do you consider people to be an "adult"?
I would say when they get a real full time job and live out on their own paying real bills!
8. What's your favorite candy?
This changes all the time but right now Pay Days.
9. What is your idea of fun?
Having absolutely nothing planed and just vegging out. Am I boring or what??
10. Top on your wish list for travel destination?
There are so many it's hard to chose. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, London and France. But it would also be fun to go some place more exotic too.
11. If you had to change your name what would you change it to?
This is a hard one. My mom said she wanted to orginally name me Elizabeth. That's pretty but pretty common. When I was little I could come up with a million names but I got nothing now.
I tag whoever wants to play along!! Join in on the fun.
And I will leave you with a picture I took of our kitties to send to Ryan since he's out of town this week.
Two cats & a chicken
This post got long!!