I just wanted to pop in to wish everyone a wonderful holiday with family & friends. We will be spending today in our new home with our family. No, I will not be cooking the entire meal myself. Geez, I just moved in! :) I'm lucky to have our parents and my husband (who can cook!) helping out in a big way. I've been running around trying to get the house livable for guests so I haven't had much time to think about Thanksgiving dinner. Please forgive me. Maybe next year I will try and tackle the whole meal! (Please don't hold me to that last statement.)
In the spirit of Thanksgiving a lot of my blogger friends are listing out what they are most thankful for. I haven't really done that in the past but I'll give it the ol' college try. I'm going to list my top 5 from this past year. I'm not going to list family & friends because we all know I'm super thankful for them!
1) Moving Back Home!!! Ok, so I will mention family and friends. I am so thankful to be close to them again. It's so weird for me to not have to travel for a holiday and really none of the family has to travel either. I do miss our good friends back in Texas and Oklahoma though.
2) Our House- I'm super thankful that our house in Texas sold and that we found one in Kansas City. I was worried that we weren't going to be in a house before the holidays. But our prayers were answered! :)
3) Finding A Job- I'm extremely thankful for this. I'm well aware how hard it is to find one and have several friends that are looking. The fact that I was able to stay with my company and that there was a job opening in KC is a pure miracle! (Christmas miracle anyone?)
4) Adding A Second Vehicle- We were a one car family for over 3 years, and that was wonderful in many ways. But now that my husband & I don't work in the same location we needed to break down and get a second one. Ryan is on the road a lot and there were specific things we were looking for in our next car. I didn't think we would ever find one that met our needs. Finally, we did welcome a new vehicle to our family this past summer. :)
5) Finding A Church- We never really landed on a church home in Texas so I was anxious to find one here. There were so many that I wanted to try. The first one we went to has been where we've been going ever since. The head pastor was my youth leader when I was young and he is awesome. Plus, we already have great friends that go there and it's close to our house. I'm so ready to get involved with the church and our community. I'm definitely excited for next year.
There are so many other things I could list here that I'm very thankful for. My pastor just recently talked about being joyful always, unceasing prayer and be thankful in all situations. I've been thinking a lot about that and how I want to do all those things. It doesn't matter what situation you are in, there's always something to be thankful for.